SEO Basics: Training Class (Centennial)
Topic: ‘SEO Basics: An Introduction to Search Engine Optimization’
Session Length: 90-105 minutes
Class Style: Lecture and Hands-on*
Attendance: Hybrid (In-Person or Virtual)
Location: Centennial – Koelbel Library (Arapahoe Libraries)
- What does it take to start ranking in Bing and Google search results?
- How can you improve your business’s visibility online?
- What SEO factors are most important when writing blog articles?
- How do you easily set up your business listing in Google Maps and Bing Places?
- What tools can you use to audit and optimize your website?
- How do you optimize a new page or blog post for a specific keyword?
- How do you format meta data to encourage more visibility in search results?
- How does artificial intelligence factor into SEO?
Answer these questions and many more to gain a solid understanding of SEO best practices. ‘SEO Basics’ leverages the state of search in 2023 and is taught by a certified SEO professional.
Discover how to properly set up your Google Analytics account to track website traffic. Start writing effective meta titles and descriptions. Learn how to submit your website for indexing to search engines. Access free website audit tools. Optimize your blog content writing efforts to encourage Google and other search engines to rank your pages. Research keyword opportunities best suited for new content writing topics. Leverage both on-page and off-page SEO tactics to help your brand improve its visibility, drive more traffic to your website, and convert more visitors into customers.
- You must register for the SEO Basics class online. The roster may fill-up so please register in advance.
- Please arrive early and bring your registration form with you in order to be admitted into the class (mobile or printed versions accepted).
- This class requires that all attendees bring a laptop computer in order to participate with the learning material and for practical application purposes.
- Please ensure your battery is charged due to limited outlet access in library meeting rooms.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided by Denver Public Library.
- A five minute break will be given about halfway through the class.
- If you’re a beginner, please complete this SEO Basics training class before attending additional Denver SEO classes.
Hybrid Update: All classes are now hybrid (available to attend via remote video or in-person at the library). Please register for details.
Chad DavisSEO Consultant
Chad Davis held the director of SEO position at a local marketing agency where he worked with over 100 clients across 7 years. With 18 years of professional IT and marketing experience, Chad provides technical solutions to businesses of all sizes. Some of his expertise includes sales, BI analysis, search engine optimization, advertising, content writing, team management, technical documentation, and information assurance. Chad provides a variety of consulting services to facilitate business growth. Currently living in Denver, Colorado, Chad works closely with the local community offering his professional skills for the purpose of cultivating small business development, improving quality of life and enhancing education.
– Certification for SEOs (search engine optimization) [SEMrush, 2022]
– Certification for PPC Specialists (paid search) [SEMrush, 2022]
– Yext Certified Professional (local business listings) [Yext, 2022]
– Google Certified Professional (agency Partner badge) [Google, 2023]