SEO for WordPress: Training Class (Centennial)
Topic: ‘An Introduction to SEO for WordPress’
Session Length: 90-105 minutes
Class Style: Lecture and Hands-on
Attendance: Hybrid (In-Person or Virtual)
Location: Centennial – Koelbel Library (Arapahoe Libraries)
Introduction to SEO for WordPress
- How do you add meta data into WordPress?
- Which WordPress plugins provide the best set of tools?
- How can you optimize your sitemap file and remove unwanted pages?
- How can you edit your robots.txt file so bots can crawl your WP site?
- How do you ensure you’re using the right image sizes in WordPress?
- What are the guidelines for image formats, sizes, and dimensions?
- How do you create schema markup structured data for your site?
- What tricks can speed up your WordPress site?
- What SEO best practices should you follow when populating and publishing content in WordPress?
Answer these questions and more while expanding your knowledge of both WordPress and search engine optimization. ‘SEO for WordPress’ leverages industry trends from 2023 and is taught by a certified SEO professional.
- You must register for the SEO for WordPress training class online. The roster may fill-up so please register in advance.
- Please arrive early and bring your registration form with you in order to be admitted into the class (mobile or printed versions accepted).
- This class requires that all attendees bring a laptop computer in order to participate with the learning material and for practical application purposes.
- Please ensure your battery is charged due to limited outlet access in library meeting rooms.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided by Denver Public Library.
- A five minute break will be given about halfway through the class.
- If you’re a beginner, please complete your ‘SEO Basics’ training before attending ‘SEO for WordPress’ or any other Denver SEO classes.
Hybrid Update: All classes are now hybrid (available to attend via remote video or in-person at the library). Please register for details.
Chad DavisSEO Consultant
Chad Davis held the director of SEO position at a local marketing agency where he worked with over 100 clients across 7 years. With 18 years of professional IT and marketing experience, Chad provides technical solutions to businesses of all sizes. Some of his expertise includes sales, BI analysis, search engine optimization, advertising, content writing, team management, technical documentation, and information assurance. Chad provides a variety of consulting services to facilitate business growth. Currently living in Denver, Colorado, Chad works closely with the local community offering his professional skills for the purpose of cultivating small business development, improving quality of life and enhancing education.
– Certification for SEOs (search engine optimization) [SEMrush, 2022]
– Certification for PPC Specialists (paid search) [SEMrush, 2022]
– Yext Certified Professional (local business listings) [Yext, 2022]
– Google Certified Professional (agency Partner badge) [Google, 2023]